Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Life Going On

“Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I have decided to transition from my other blog (The Alternate Lens: Librarian in London), which is very specific, to this blog, which is a lot more open ended. This blog has been taunting me every time I opened blogger to post to The Alternate Lens. “No posts! Start blogging!” Okay, Blogger! I get it! I’ll blog! See, this blog has been sitting dormant for almost two years. When I started library school two years ago, we were strongly encouraged to get a larger online presence. Join Twitter! Start a blog! Well, Twitter grabbed me instantly and I’ve loved it ever since, making some really great library connections. The blogging was harder to come by. I have always loved to write and blogging from London and talking about my experiences and photography really reawakened that for me. I won’t be blogging EVERY DAY like I did from London because let’s face it, that would get really obnoxious. I hope to share my thoughts on life in general, my adventures as a new librarian, and the information that inspires me.

Things have definitely been changing in the life in general category. These changes have essentially spilled over to my library life and my pursuit of information. I've been home from London a little over four weeks now, and a lot has happened. I miss London terribly. I knew I loved it, but I didn't realize just how much until I had been home for a while. I love home, but I cannot wait to go back to London and revisit my favorite places as well as discover the ones I didn't make it to.


On to other changes… I graduated! Yay! I graduated with my Master of Library Science degree just over a week ago. It’s been two years of very hard work that are kind of a blur when I think about it. I suppose I can call myself a bonafide librarian now. It is now on to job hunting (THAT is another post all together). Along with graduation, work has changed for me a bit. I am currently working as a page at a public library, a position that I love. Unfortunately I brought a rotator cuff injury back with me from London, so shelving books has been impossible, so says the doctor. Since I’m not able to shelve, I've been able to work on some other research projects for our library board. These projects have been a lot of fun for me and they've really made me think about what I want my library career to be. We will see if I can make those ideas into reality. Here’s hoping those changes are on the horizon somewhere as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment